Thursday, March 14, 2013

Well Hello There



I decided that, rather than flood my facebook status updates with a bunch of rants about how much I hate exercise, why not start a blog? This way, the people who want to laugh with me (or at me, I'm not picky) have the option, and the people who don't want to, don't have to.

So what's this blog going to be about? Knowing me, it'll be about long-winded musings/rants. About my nemesis the treadmill, exercise in general, how much I miss some of the foods I've given up on my quest to fit into clothes sold at regular stores, and anything else that tickles my fancy.

It probably won't be a great place to come and get anything resembling advice about diet, or fitness, because I'm basically the worst person on earth to be doling out that kind of advice. I ran two miles today on the treadmill, and then ate the better part of a box of cookies for dinner, if that gives you any insight into how successful my journey is on any given day.

But if you're ever in the mood for a rant on why people can't be a little less naked in the locker room at the gym, this is so the place for you. (The short version? You can be as naked as you like, but please don't talk to me if your bits are uncovered. And I would really appreciate it if the exuberant lotion appliers of the world would do so in the privacy of the showers.)

There will be swearing, and self-deprecating humor, and some days, just plain old self-deprecation. That's how I roll. If the swearing offends you, I'm sorry. Yes, my mama and daddy know that's how I talk. No, they probably aren't particularly thrilled about it.

If you somehow stumbled over here without already knowing me, I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Anne, a 30-something, half-Southern single girl living in the suburbs of Chicago. I love books, my cats, the color pink, and napping. I'm a terrible housekeeper, swear like a sailor, and am prone to fits of righteous indignation. I fall down a lot, frequently in public, and often for absolutely no good reason. I have an irrational fear of spiders, and an aversion to eating any meat directly off of a bone. I'm a big fan of making new friends, so feel free to introduce yourself.

6 comments:

  1. I adore you. I am thrilled that you've decided to blog! Your rants are the best part of any day. This doesn't mean you won't still Heytell them to me, right?? RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yourself! And I promise you, Heytell is still in play. There will be Heytell exclusives. I mean, the internet doesn't need to know ALL my bidness.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are blogging. And I love your view on swearing, and what your parents would say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're reading! (Oh man. I promise that I will eventually outgrow needing to reply to every single comment. Maybe. Probably not. I'm chatty!)

      In my defense, swearing is definitely one of those "I learned it from you, Dad!" things in this family. And swear words don't even register in my brain as swear words any more. They're more like "really emphatic words used to prove how emphatic you feel." I would probably really benefit from air italics. Or air all caps.

      Delete
  3. "There will be swearing, and self-deprecating humor, and some days, just plain old self-deprecation. That's how I roll."

    Yes, I think I'm going to like it here just fine. :-)

    Hi, I'm Jan and I'm a carboholic. It's been 1 hour since my last GS cookie.

    Having recently returned to the Weight Watchers fold and now (very slowly) getting back to exercise, I think I will hang out here for a while. Kindred spirits and all.

    You're awesome. I'm going to read the other entries now and wrap myself up in Anne-words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aside from the warm fuzzy feeling I get whenever I see you, do you know what I took away from this?

      YOU HAVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!! (I have two boxes in my car, waiting to be boxed up for Belgium, but I am fresh out of cookies for me.)

      Hang out here for as long as you like.

      Delete